- Meat from back straps and both rear quarters cut into cubes (about 4 pounds)
- 1- Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1- Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/2- bunch of celery (diced)
- 2- 28 oz cans of diced tomatoes in juice
- 1- 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 Bottle Red Wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Chili Powder
- Garnish – diced red onions, sliced jalapeno
In large put melt butter and add diced beaver meat and salt, brown meat, add onions, bell pepper, celery and continue browning until vegetables begin to wilt. Add chili power (i use a lot probably 6 tablespoons) and a couple of table spoons of cumin. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce and bottle of wine. Simmer for 4 hours and remove lid for 30 minutes. Garnish chili with red onions and sliced jalapeno.
Beaver meat is very mild and taste very similar to beef. It cooks very tender and falls apart like a good beef roast. Personally if you can get past the fact you are eating a rodent it is very darn good. Enjoy! And as always no beans and no flour so perfectly great to enjoy for Primal or Paleo folks.