- 4 fillets lionfish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 2 russet potatoes, diced and cooked until tender
- 1/8 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 2 teaspoons deli mustard
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt, to taste
- For the lionfish: Preheat a grill or grill pan. Place 2 lionfish fillets each into the center of two 10-by-10-inch aluminum foil squares. Combine the garlic salt, oregano, paprika, cayenne and black pepper in a small bowl, and then coat both sides of the fillets with the spice mix. Top the fillets with the butter cubes, and then tightly wrap the foil squares to form 2 pockets. Place the pockets on the grill and cook until the fish is tender and flakey, about 6 minutes.
- For the potato salad: Combine the celery, eggs, potatoes and onions in a large mixing bowl. Mix together the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, vinegar, dill weed, black pepper, lemon juice and salt in a separate bowl, and then pour over the potatoes and toss to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- To serve, transfer the fish to plates, drizzling the melted butter on top. Scoop some potato salad alongside and enjoy.
- A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.