2 hr 30 minutes
- 2 pounds of boneless camel meat cut into 1inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup of fresh tomatoes, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 or 2 large green peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 oz can of tomato paste mixed with 1 cup of water
- 3 large cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 2 large unpeeled potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- A small squash, peeled, de-seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 cup of water
- Add a little oil to the bottom of a large cast-iron pot and sautee the onions over a high heat until they are soft.
- Add the camel meat and brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for 15 minutes at medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots, peppers, tomato paste and water, garlic, salt and pepper and cumin.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for around 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes, squash and water.
- Continue cooking over low heat for another 45 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding water if necessary.
- Ideal served with rice or cous-cous.