- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs skirt steak
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 to 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- Cilantro cream sauce
- Type of fire: Direct
- Grill heat: high
In a small bowl, mix together paprika, ancho chile powder, gralic powder, onion powder, light brown sugar, chipotle chile powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepperl. Add lime juice and oil, stir to combine.
Place skirt steak in a large resealable plastic bag and pour in marinade. Seal bag and toss to thoroughly coat steak. Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour while preparing the grill.
Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over entire surface of coal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover gill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Grill steak over high heat until deeply browned on both sides, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice into 3 to 4 inch portions with the grain, then slice against the grain into 1/4-inch strips.
To serve, briefly warm tortillas on grill, then top with slices of steak, diced tomatoes, cilantro, and cilantro cream.