- 1 ½ lbs ground antelope
- 3 large sweet yams or sweet potatoes
- 8 tablespoons butter or 1 stick
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 carrots diced
- 1 cup cherry tomato’s
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chipotle cayenne pepper
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Brown gravy
1) Peel potatoes cube and boil until soft. Mash potatoes and add 6 tablespoons of butter. Stir until blended and set aside.
2) Cook ground antelope in heavy skillet until done. Remove antelope from pan and place in bowl.
3) Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to skillet. Add minced garlic, onions, tomatoes and carrots. Cook until all vegetables are fork tender. Season with dried rosemary, garlic powder and chipotle cayenne pepper. Remove from heat.
4) Heat oven to 375. Add antelope mixture to a casserole baking dish and top with mashed potatoes and then top off with parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil for the last 10 minutes to brown top.
5) Get a big spoon and dig in. If you want to, you can top off with your favorite brown gravy.
Adding potatoes to the top of the antelope
Antelope shepherd’s pie is almost done
Top off the Antelope Shepherd’s Pie with your favorite brown gravy