- 250g crocodile flank meat(fresh or frozen, not dried)
- a packet of Chwee Song herbs(use only 1 quarter of all contents)
- 600ml water
- salt to taste
1. Boil water in a sauce pot with herbs. Once it starts boiling, turn off the fire.
2. In a separate large sauce pot, add water(about 1 litre). Put a tonic pot in the centre.
3. Put the sliced meat in the centre of the tonic pot.
4. Pour the hot herbs with water into the pot.
5. Cover the tonic pot and then cover the sauce pot.
6. Turn on the stove(fire) on high. When you start to hear crackling or rocking noises, it means the water is boiling.
7. Lower the fire and continue to double boil for 1 hour.
8. Turn off the fire, add salt to taste(usually just a pinch will do)
9. Serve HOT.
If you cannot finish the soup, you can keep it in the fridge/chiller. To reheat, just double boil again. Do not reheat by direct boiling as its too hot and may evaporate all the water content.
The meat tastes like cooked pork loin. It doesn’t have any smell of crocodile.