- 3 potatoes
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- Flour, as needed
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 25 pounds wild boar, clean of fat and sinew, dice
- 5 ribs celery, brunoise, dice
- 5 carrots, peeled, brunoise, dice
- 4 yellow onions, brunoise, dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans tomato, diced
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 1 bottle red wine
- Beef stock, as needed
- Oil, as needed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Peel and quarter potatoes. Place in cold water, and season water, bring to boil. Simmer until tender. Strain, keeping a quick work pace to keep potatoes hot. Work potatoes through ricer.
2. Add a handful of flour, yolk, and cheese, and season.
3. Work lightly with hands, kneading gently, and adding more flour as needed.
4. Roll into snakes, cut into 1-inch pieces with a bench scraper, dimple with finger or fork.
5. Drop into water when cooking (boiling, seasoned), when gnocchi rises to the top, it is cooked, pull from water.
Sear seasoned meat until brown and pull from pan.
1. Sauté garlic and onions in a hot pan large enough to hold all the ingredients until onions are golden. Add in celery and carrots sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Add wine and reduce by half. Add meat, and tie herbs with twine, then add that.
3. Add tomatoes and beef stock and heat through.
4. Slowly braise for 4 or so hours, until boar is tender and meat pulls easily.
5. Pull meat and season to taste (toss herbs).