Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 rabbit , jointed into 6-8 pieces (ask the butcher to do this)
- olive oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- oregano or marjoram, finely chopped to make 1 tbsp
- 2 lemons , zested and the juice of one, the other cut into wedges
- a handful of green olives , pitted or whole
- 3 potatoes , cut into chunks
- 300ml white wine
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Brown the rabbit pieces in a little olive oil in a large ovenproof casserole then remove. Tip in a little more oil, add the onion and fry over a low heat for a couple of minutes. Add the garlic, 2 tbsp parsley and the oregano or marjoram. Cook until an aromatic paste, then return the rabbit to the casserole.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice, the olives, potatoes and wine. Bring to the boil and season well. Cover with a lid and bake for 1 hour, remove the lid and bake for a further 30 minutes to reduce the sauce a little. Stir in the remaining parsley.
408 kcalories, protein 35.4g, carbohydrate 17g, fat 17.4 g, saturated fat 4.6g, fibre 1.9g, salt 0.57 g