- 200 g emu fillet, (or eye fillet steak)
- ½ cup red wine
- 3 teaspoons Tanami fire
- ½ red capsicum deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 6 spears asparagus trimmed
- Native Currant & Chilli Sauce to serve
- Cut emu across the grain into strips. Marinate in a small bowl with red wine and tamami fire for 1 hour. Thread emu strips onto presoaked bamboo skewers.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for a couple of minutes, remove from boiling water and plunge into cold water, set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan and brush with olive oil. Grill emu for a couple of minutes either side until cooked.
- Place rocket in a bowl, top with capsicum, asparagus spears and emu skewers. Serve with Native Currant & Chilli Sauce.