- Python Steaks (1 kg)
- Shallots (4-5 peeled and sliced)
- Turmeric powder (1 tablespoon)
- Garlic cloves (5-7 cloves, peeled and pounded)
- Ginger (2-3 inches long, peeled and pounded)
- Lime wedges
- Lemon grass (ten stems, peeled; tender parts finely chopped and pounded)
- Paprika (2 tablespoons)
- White rice wine Salt (2 tablespoons)
- Peanut oil (2 tablespoons)
- Spring water (2 quarts)
First boil and poach the steaks with lemon peel, rought lemon grass stems, adn skins of shallots, garlic and ginger in the quart of spring water. When the flesh is soft, take the Python steaks out and let cool. Next, saute’ shallots on low heat until lightly brown and add the ginger, garlic and all other spices. Next turn up the heat until the toasted aroma arise from the pot. Add flaked Python, rice wine, and more spring water and reduce heat for 10 minutes. Serve with hot steamed rice and greens and cold crisp Chardonnay wine.
Bon-less Appetit !