Minutes to Prepare: 240
Minutes to Cook: 120
- 2-3 lbs Alligator Ribs
- 1 c Orange Juice
- 1⁄3 c Lemon Juice
- 1⁄3 c Lime Juice
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 5 Garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 4 Thyme leaves, chopped
- 4 Oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 t Ground Cumin
- 1 T Orange zest
- 1 t Salt
- ½ t Black pepper
- 1c Orange Juice
- 2T Lemon Juice
- 1c Orange Marmalade
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Marinate overnight or for 3-4 hours.
- Place the alligator “gator” ribs in a large, heavy duty zip-lock freezer bag.
- Finely chop the garlic, thyme leaves and oregano leaves.
- In a bowl, mix the garlic mixture with the orange, lemon and lime juice.
- Add the olive oil, cumin, orange zest, salt and pepper
- Pour half of the marinade into the bag and zip it up. Use the rest for basting while grilling the meat.
- Place in the refrigerator to marinate overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- Once the meat has marinated, remove it from the marinade and discard the used marinade.
- Grill ribs for 45 minutes or until tender, basting frequently.
- When the ribs are tender, remove them from grill and baste with citrus glaze.
- Combine the orange, lemon juice and marmalade in a small sauce pan. Simmer until thickened.
- Keep the glaze warm until ready to serve.