- 1 large sweet onion shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 or more stalks of celery
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- kosher salt, cracked fresh pepper, cayenne to taste
- 1 can petite diced tomotes (or fresh tomoatoes diced in food processor for like amount) plus a couple good shakes of italian seasoning.
- 1 lb. filet of alligator
- fresh parsley and green onions
- Melt butter in heavy duty pot with cover
- Chop onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic.
- Add to butter along with salt, pepper and cayenne, on low until soft and juicy.
- Add tomatoes and continue on low for 30 minutes.
- Slice alligator thin and add to above cooking on low for 1-1/2 hours.
- In last few minutes add a good handful of shopped parsley and green onion tops.
- Fix rice of choice. Serve alligator over rice.