- Antelope backstrap sliced into ½ inch pieces (10 pieces)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- fresh sage leaves
- Cut antelope backstrap into 10 – ½ inch thick pieces.
- In separate bowl mix cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper together and rub on both sides of the antelope pieces. Set meat aside.
- Heat cast iron skillet to Medium-high temperature. Melt butter and add sage leaves until sage leaves begin to get a little crispy.
- Add antelope to sage butter and cook up to 1 or 2 minutes flip antelope and continue cooking on other side – 1 minute or less. This will ensure that the antelope remains tender and flavorful.
- Serve immediately with a side of fresh squash and top with the left over butter from the pan.