- 1 red onion
- ¾ stick of butter
- 1 ½ pounds of antelope meat
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 10 dashes of Tabasco sauce
- 4 good sandwich buns
- Salt and pepper
- Slice onion into ¼ inch rings and set aside.
- Pound antelope meat between sheets of wax paper with a meat tenderizer (flat side) to a thickness of ¼ inch, then slice into ¾ inch strips. Salt and pepper the meat and set aside.
- Melt ¼ stick of butter in a cast-iron skillet set on medium high and add onion. Cook onion on medium high until transparent and browned.
- Add ¼ stick of butter to skillet and add antelope meat. Allow meat to brown on one side and then flip to brown the other side. Be careful not to over-sear the meat, because wild antelope or elk will cook faster than beef.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces, and allow to simmer. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pan fry buns in butter in a skillet until golden brown and heap with the onion/antelope mixture. Top with a spoonful of the juice from the meat/onion mixture, a generous slice of mozzarella cheese, and a thick slice of tomato.
- Share your adaptations of this fantastic recipe in the comments section below