Prep: 5 min.
Cook: 1 hour 40 min
- 1 pound cubed or coarsely ground buffalo meat
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 2 cups diced onion
- 1 to 2 cups diced green pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
In a large kettle or Dutch oven, brown meat in oil; drain. Add onion and green pepper; saute for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender.