- 2 1/4 Ibs camel meat, minced (or beef)
- 1 tbsp camel hump (or butter)
- 4 tbsp finely chopped red onions
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped dried culinary rose petals
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp red paprika
- 1 tsp cloves, crushed
- Lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- 5-6 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tsp honey
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the burgers
- Put the lot through a food processor on pulse (don’t make it too mushy).
- Knead together and shape into 4 patties. Cover and chill well before cooking.
- Fry on a dry pan or skillet for 4 minutes both sides or to your preferred level of doneness.
- Serve on a toasted sesame bun with Taza ketchup and all the trimmings: a slice of cheese, tomato and onion rings.
For the ketchup
- Blend the tomatoes in a processor until fairly smooth and then gently sauté in a little olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon and honey, season and simmer until the sauce is thick and glossy (about 10 minutes).