- 1 x guinea fowl, approx 1.5kg (3lb 6oz), jointed into 8
- 2 limes, halved, to serve
- For the marinade:
- 1tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 2tsp roasted sesame oil
- 2tbsp groundnut or other flavourless oil
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 2 sticks lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 1tsp green peppercorns
- 1tbsp hot chilli sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5cm (2in) piece fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- Place the meat in a china or glass bowl. Mix together the marinade ingredients; pour over the guinea fowl. Cover with clingfilm and marinate in the fridge for at least three hours or overnight, turning the meat occasionally.
- Heat the barbecue. Remove the meat from the marinade; cook the thighs and drumsticks for 10 minutes, then add the breast meat. Continue to barbecue all the guinea fowl for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the cooked guinea fowl to a large plate and squeeze over the fresh lime.