- Antelope backstrap sliced into 1/4 inch pieces (6-8)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Canola oil
- 1 egg beaten
- Cut antelope back strap into 8 – 1/4 inch thick pieces. Note: you can also cut each strip in half so you can get 16 antelope pieces.
- Mix flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper and tarragon in bowl. Beat one egg in separate bowl.
- Heat cast iron skillet to Medium-high temperature and add canola oil to cover bottom of pan.
- Add antelope to egg mixture and then toss in flour. Place antelope in oil and fry on both sides until golden brown. About 2-3 minutes each side.
- Serve antelope with your favorite side sauces or eat alone.