- 1/2 pound soft-cured sweet chorizo
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 16 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette
- 1 small whole jarred pimiento, cut into thin strips (such as Goya)
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
- Remove sausage from plastic casing. Place in a small skillet; add the wine, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until wine almost evaporates. Add brandy. Ignite brandy with a long match, and let the flames die down. Continue cooking for 2 minutes or until the liquid evaporates and the chorizo is lightly browned.
- Remove chorizo from pan, and cool slightly. Carefully cut sausage crosswise into 16 slices. Place 1 sausage slice and 1 pimiento strip onto each bread slice; secure each with a wooden pick. Garnish with parsley, if desired.