- 3-4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1lb antelope burger
- .5 lb antelope sirloin (optional)
- 1 box lasagna noodles uncooked or pre-cooked
- 30 oz tomato sauce
- 16 oz water
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil and fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz 6 Cheese Italian Blend; Mozzarella, provolone, Romano, Fontina, Parmesan and Asiago
- 32 oz Cottage Cheese
- Add 3 tablespoons oil to cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions and cook until translucent.
- Add antelope burger and sirloin to pan and brown.
- Add tomato sauce, water, bay leaves, fresh basil and all other spices to meat and cook on low for about an hour. (Remove bay leaves before adding sauce to lasagna.)
- In a separate bowl combine all cheese and stir together. (Be sure to save a little cheese to add to the top of your lasagna during the last 30 minutes of cook time.)
- Add sauce mixture to bottom of your Crockpot before layering the ingredients. Now you can pre-cook your noodles if you are limited on time or use uncooked noodles for this recipe if you can wait for 4 to 5 hours.
- Add layer of noodles on top of sauce, add antelope tomato meat sauce and top with a layer of all 7 cheeses. Repeat the layers with all ingredients until you run out: Meat Sauce, Cheese, Noodles…etc.
- Cover your antelope lasagna with the lid and set on Low for 4-5 hours. During last 30 minutes of cooking, add additional cheese cover and enjoy!