15 hr 30 mins
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds goat meat, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 bay leaves
- Rice or rice and peas, for serving
- For the marinade: Mix the soy sauce, curry powder, garlic, basil, crushed pepper, oregano and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the goat to the bowl and marinate overnight.
- For the curry: Remove the goat from the marinade. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the goat. Turn the heat to medium and sear the goat until brown, about 15 minutes. Add the coconut milk and 4 cups water. Cover and cook, about 2 hours.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, carrots, green onions and bay leaves and simmer, about 1 hour.
- Serve with rice or rice and peas.