Minutes to Prepare: 15
Minutes to Cook: 90
- Mini Kangaroo Roast, (550g) (marinated or not)
- 3 rashers bacon, trimmed of most of the fat and rind
- 1 cup dry red wine (Lambrusca, Shiraz)
- 1 cup low sodium beef stock or water
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 slice wholemeal bread processed into breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- pinch sugar( optional)
- 1 tsp ground rosemary
- 2 cloves
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 sm carrots, Cut in half, then into 1″ lengths
- 1 med onion, cut in slices
- 2 sticks celery, in 2″ lengths
- 250g butternut pumpkin, skin on, cut in 1″ cubes
- 250g sweet potato, skin on, cut in 1″ cubes
- 300g sliced large mushrooms or halved button mushrooms
- Preheat oven 170C
- Put the meat into the roasting dish.
- Spread the bacon over the meat
- Place the carrot, onion, pumpkin, sweet potato, mushrooms and celery round the base of the meat in the dish.
- In a small pan, mix the wine, stock, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves, . Add black pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil, then pour over the meat and vegetables in the roasting dish.
- Cover very firmly with foil. Ensure the foil is sealed round all edges of the dish to completely enclose the meat, vegetables and sauce.(or use an oven proof dish with a well fitting lid)
- Cook for 1hr – 1 1/4hrs (until cooked)
- When cooked, remove meat and vegetables from the juices and stand, covered in a warm place.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of liquid. (if there isn’t enough add water to make up to required quantity)
- In a small bowl , blend cornflour and breadcrumbs, then slowly add 1/2 cup reserved cooking juices and the vinegar.
- Return to the pan with the rest of the juices. Bring to the boil, stirring until boiled and thickened.
- Check and correct seasoning.
- Serve sauce with the thinly sliced meat. and vegetables.
- Calories: 288.3
- Total Fat: 8.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 629.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.0 g
- Protein: 18.5 g