- 4 partridge
- 2 tbsps cumin seeds
- Grated zest 1 lemon
- 75g (3oz) butter, softened
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the partridges in half lengthways with a sharp serrated knife and hit the pieces so the legs lie flat.
- Toast the cumin seeds in a dry pan for a few seconds until they release their aroma. Transfer to a pestle and mortar and grind coarsely, then mix into the butter with the lemon zest.
- Rub the partridge all over with the butter and season with salt and pepper. Cook under a hot grill being careful not to let them burn, and turn them several times, brushing with more butter. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and the skin is crisp. Serve with whole baby carrots