- beef steak (wagyu is best)
- rice shopping list
- pressed barley (optional)
- kombu (dried kelp) (also, optional)
- fresh ginger, grated
- fine soy sauce (shoyu)
- chopped scallions
- sudachi (if available) (a squeeze of lime would probably be an OK substitute)
- Cook the rice (rinse if needed, add a bit of barley, about 3:1 ratio and a piece or two of kombu on top)
- saute or grill the beef steak over very, very high heat. just sear it.
- remove beef from heat and cube
- serve rice in a large bowl, place beef cubes on top, garnish to taste with scallions, ginger shoyu (mix grated ginger with shoyu to taste, my taste is 1:1)
- you are all foodies, so if you can’t just look at the piks and the ingredient list and whip it up, you ain’t no foodie!
- Visit my blog: I kyotofoodie.com/home-cooking-wagyu-steak-donburi/ posted this one on my blog the other day with some nice photos. Can you get wagyu and sudachi where you live? I am interested to find out what is available abroad.