- 200 g kangaroo fillets
- 1/4 cup shiraz wine
- 2 teaspoons seasoned pepper
- Place kangaroo fillets and shiraz in a freezer bag, wrap well and refrigerate for an hour or two.
- Drain shiraz and lightly dry fillets by placing down each side on a paper towel. Rub over pepper mix.
- Lightly spray a small single layer of aluminum foil with oil to prevent sticking and too much direct heat, place roo on top.
- Prepare smoker and start smoking for 15 minutes. I only used about a tablespoon of mesquite sawdust because I didn’t want too much of a smoke flavour over the relatively long cooking time.
- Open lid, turn over fillets and smoke a further 15 minutes. After this there shouldn’t be much smoke left, it’s just to cook a little further.
- Rather than serving at once remove heat from the smoker and allow it to rest 5 minutes or so.
- Serve with a salad and remaining shiraz.
- Calories 10.7
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g