- 1 Iguana
- 1 lg Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Tomatoes
- 2 Green Peppers
- 4 ts Achiote Oil
- 1 pn Pepper
- Salt To Taste
- Make the achiote oil by frying the achiote slowly until the oil is red
- Kill the iguana by cutting off its head.
- Open the belly lengthwise and remove all the entrails and the rectum.
- Cook in salted water until the meat is tender (take care not to let it get too soft).
- Peel and cut in portions.
- Season with all the above ingredients and cook with about 1 cup water, until almost dry.