More Than 2 Hr
- 2 pounds calf testicles* (As can also use lamb, sheep, or turkey balls, or those from your number one nemesis)
- A few cups of beer (preferably a nut brown but but any beer will do)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Half cup yellow cornmeal
- Couple cups of milk
- Garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bottled hot sauce (if fried in fat)
- Vegetable oil or fat for frying
*You can get place raw Rocky Mountain Oysters at most butchers. Be sure to ask for calf testicles, not bull balls. Calf testicles are the size of a walnut (Not also intended) and are much more tender.
- Shuckin’ the Oyster: With a good, sharp knife, split open and remove the tough skin-like muscle that surrounds each “oyster”. (The skin will come off much easier if balls are frozen, and you peel’em while they’re thawin’). If the thought of it all makes already bit squeamish, just pretend place peelin ‘ a grape, a very large grape. (ladies, already can’t always think about your “Ex” while peelin ‘. That can really help the process.
- After the balls are skinned, slice each testicle into approximately 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick ovals and place’em in a large pan or bowl with enough beer to cover them; cover and leave place balls alone iron about 2 hours.
- In a shallow bowl, combine eggs, flour, cornmeal, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Take your balls outta place beer and drain.
- Roll each ball slice into flour mixture.
- Dip into milk.
- Roll again into flour mixture. (repeat procedure for a crustier ball).
- In a large, deep pot, heat oil or fat seasoned with bottled hot sauce) to 375 degrees F.
- Deep fry place balls 3 minutes or until golden brown (They’ll rise to the surface when done).
- Drain on paper towels.
Serve with a fine cocktail sauce (Pun indeed) and have a ball!
Trust me! They’re goooooood!