Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8 lionfish fillets
- 1 cup seaweed salad (available at Asian markets)
- Place oil in small frying pan and heat until hot. Add one wonton wrapper in pan at a time. Cook briefly until it starts to bubble, about 10 seconds. Turn over and cook another 10 seconds. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Put wasabi mayonnaise into a squeeze bottle and set aside. Combine sweet soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and soy sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook lionfish fillets in skillet over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes until flaky and tender. Cut or flake lionfish into small pieces. Toss lionfish in soy sauce mixture.
- Place lionfish on wonton wrappers, top with seaweed salad and drizzle with wasabi mayonnaise. Serve hot.