UNDER 1 HOUR
- 6 oz llama
- ¼ lb butter
- 2 onions, thinly sliced on mandolin
- 2 leeks, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup dates
- 2 slices smoked bacon, chopped and rendered
- 1/8 cup honey
- ½ cup sherry wine
- 1 Tbl sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season llama with salt and pepper. Roast meat until medium rare. Let rest before slicing.
- For Soubise: Sweat onions in half of the butter and season. Cook down low and slow. Puree until smooth.
- Sweat leeks in remaining butter. Add dates, bacon, and honey to caramelize. Add sherry and reduce. Finish with sherry vinegar.
- Pour soubise sauce onto plate. Slice llama and fan on top of sauce. Serve with quenelle of leek and date compote.