- 1 pound ground antelope
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 carrots shaved into ribbons
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 2 shallots chopped
- 4oz bella mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (defrosted)
- 1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add ground antelope to skillet and cook until browned. Remove meat from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter to skillet and proceed to sauté chopped onion, shallots, mushrooms and carrots. Approximately 10 minutes. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the ricotta cheese and antelope meat to pan. Remove from heat and stir.
- Sprinkle surface with cornmeal and roll out pastry sheets. Add heaping spoonfulls of antelope mixture onto 1 of the pastry sheets and place second sheet on top. Press pastry together around meat.
- Use a knife or a pizza cutter to cut around the pies leaving 1/2 inch of pastry around the edges. Wet your a fork in egg mixture and press around the pies securing the edges together. Cut an ‘X’ in the top of each pastry.
- Place pies on a non-stick cookie sheet and brush the top with egg wash. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven when done and enjoy.