- 4 venison steaks
- Knob of butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsps port
- 225g (8oz) redcurrant jelly
- 100g (4oz) Brie de Meaux
- Salt & freshly ground pepper.
- Make the sauce by simmering the port and redcurrant jelly together for about 5 minutes. Sieve and keep warm.
- If the steaks are thick, place each steak between sheets of cling film and flatten to about 1⁄2” thick with a rolling pin.
- Put a knob of butter and the olive oil in heavy frying pan. Heat until the butter has melted. Season the steaks, place in the pan and cook quickly on each side.
- Cook according to taste. Serve each steak topped with a slice of brie and a little sauce. Serve with salad.