- 2 cups of plain flour
- 3/4 cup of water
- 500g minced meat (buffalo or yak, Pork is great if those are not available!)
- 4-6 spring onions
- 1 tbsp fresh crushed ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp salt Handful of coriander/cilantro
- 2 green chillies (remove seeds for less spice)
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- Finely chop all the filling ingredients and mix together. Mix the wrapper ingredients to make a dough. Roll the dough and make circles 6-10 cm across.
- Place a dollop of mixture in the middle of each circle and wet the edges to glue easier. Stick the sides together strongly to stop leakage. Pleat if capable!
- Boil a pan of water with a steaming pot on top. Oil the steaming pot to stop sticking. Place a few momo into the steamer and steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with a tomato and coriander sauce!