- 1 rattlesnake, skinned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dill pickle, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2-1/2 teaspoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Salt to taste
- Mix the mayonnaise, dill pickle, capers, lime juice, jalapeño, parsley, Tabasco and salt in a small mixing bowl. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate while you’re making the rattlesnake.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spritz with cooking spray.
- Pour the beaten eggs into a shallow bowl and season it with salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, toss the panko with the Cajun seasoning and the olive oil.
- Dip the rattlesnake nuggets into the egg first, then into the panko and press lightly to ensure complete coverage. Set the breaded pieces on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned (because snake sizes vary, so may cooking times. Make sure it’s fully cooked.).
- Serve hot with the jalapeño tartar sauce.