Preparation time 20 mins
Cooking time 25 mins
- 75 g (2.6oz) Unsalted butter
- 1 Medium Bramley apple, peeled, cored and cut into 0.5cm pieces
- 2 Partridges, meat chopped into 2cm pieces
- 0.25 Chicken stock cube
- 2 tbsp Fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Melt the 50g of unsalted butter in a non stick frying pan, until foaming. Add the apple and gently sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the partridge and cook gently to colour slightly. Be careful not to overcook – the meat should be rose pink inside.
- Remove the apple and partridge and keep warm.
- Add the cider and ¼ stock cube to the pan. Bring to the boil, then simmer to reduce by half.
- Add the tarragon, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Then add the remaining 25g of butter and swirl through.
- Tip the partridge and apple back in the pan and stir to coat in the sauce. Serve.