- 600g Baby Coliban (Chat) potatoes (see note), halved
- 4 (about 125g each) kangaroo fillets
- Olive oil spray
- 2 French shallots, finely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tbs raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 60g (1/2 cup) fresh or frozen raspberries
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Place potato in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, season the kangaroo on both sides with black pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with oil. Cook kangaroo for 2 minutes each side. Reduce heat to low and cook for a further 2 minutes each side for rare. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 3 minutes to rest.
- Place the frying pan over high heat. Add the shallot, stock and jam and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the jam dissolves and the sauce reduces slightly. Add the vinegar and raspberries. Simmer, crushing the raspberries with a fork, for 4 minutes or until the mixture reduces by half.
- Thickly slice the kangaroo across the grain. Divide the kangaroo among serving plates. Drizzle over the raspberry glaze. Serve with the potato and broccolini.