- 350 g crocodile tail fillet – cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 40 g ginger – sliced
- 90 g (about 10 stalks) spring onion – cut into 2-inch in length, white and green parts separated
- 3 cloves garlic – finely chopped or pressed
- 1 small carrot – cut into strips
- 25 g black fungus – soaked until softened, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Oyster sauce (to taste)
- Sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- A dash white pepper powder
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbs Shaoxing wine
- 2 tsp corn flour
- Mix together crocodile meat and baking soda to tenderise the meat. Leave at room temperature for 15 mins then rinse thoroughly. Drain and pat dry meat with paper towels.
- Mix together tenderised meat with all ingredients for marinade. Leave to marinate for at least 10 mins.
- Heat up about 1 tbs of oil in a wok. Add ginger, white part of spring onions and garlic. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add carrots and black fungus, stir-fry until carrots are softened.
- Add crocodile meat, stir-fry until meat is cooked through.
- Add green part of spring onions and season to taste.
- Lastly, drizzle a bit of sesame oil and serve with plain rice.