- 5-6 lb turtle meat
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 4 cups tomatoes, stewed, crushed or whole
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Creole or Cajun seasoning, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic
- Cut turtle in small pieces and season. Brown in cooking oil. (Cook until all water is gone and turtle is brown.) Set meat aside.
- To oil and drippings add flour and make roux. To roux add onions both yellow and green, celery, bell pepper (holy trinity) and garlic. Cook until wilted.
- Add turtle, mushrooms, Kitchen Bouquet, tomatoes and bring to low boil. Then simmer for 2-2 1/2 hours (or until turtle is tender). Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. You may use wild turkey, venison or chicken. Serve over rice.