Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 15-20mins
- 500g coarsely minced venison
- 125ml of milk
- 1 handful of white breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 a large onion, finely chopped
- 3 generous heads of parsley, finely chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Start by soaking the breadcrumbs in the milk. Place the minced venison in a large bowl. Add the parsley, onion, egg yolks, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Cover and put in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Using a little flour shape the burgers into rounds. This quantity should make 4 – 6 burgers. Cook under a pre-heated grill for about 5 minutes on each side or to your taste.
- Serve with salad and red onion relish.
For a change, serve topped with a fried egg or slices of a blue cheese e.g. Gorgonzola or Stilton and melt under a grill.