- olive oil
- 6 venison sausages (available in most supermarkets)
- 1 onion , thickly sliced
- 100ml red wine
- 500ml passata
- 8 olives , stoned
- 150g quick-cook polenta
- vegetable stock granules (such as Marigold) 1tbsp, or 1 cube, crumbled
- 25g butter
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the sausages and onion and fry for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the sausages are browned. Pour in the wine, let it bubble for a few seconds, then stir in the passata and olives. Cook gently for 10-15 minutes, adding a little water if it gets too dry.
- Meanwhile, put the polenta in a saucepan with 1 litre water and the stock granules or crumbled cube. Bring to the boil, stirring often, then simmer for 5 minutes (continue stirring) until it is thick and creamy. Stir in the butter. Serve topped with the sausages and onion sauce, with the parsley scattered over.
1157 kcalories, protein 54g, carbohydrate 83g, fat 66 g, saturated fat 24.5g, fibre 7.3g, salt 4.58 g