- 2 ounces sushi rice, (about 1 cup)
- 4 strips nori (pressed seaweed sheets), about 1 1/4 inches wide by 4 inches long
- 4 quail eggs, separated
- 4 ounces wagyu (ribeye preferred), minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- a dash of extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- chopped chives, to garnish
- potato sticks, to garnish
- Divide rice (try our easy sushi rice recipe) into 4 portions and, using your hands, form small mounds 1″ tall by 2″ wide.
- Wrap a strip of nori around the circumference of each mound, leaving plenty of room on top for the nori to contain the filling.
- In a medium bowl, mix the wagyu, chives, soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
- Place 1/4 of the wagyu mixture on each piece of sushi.
- Top each with a quail egg yolk, potato sticks, chopped chives and sprinkle of sea salt.