- 1½lbs Ground Wild Boar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Unseasoned Breadcrumbs (ideally homemade breadcrumbs)
- ½ cup Fresh Italian Parsley, minced
- 1 ½ cup Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Salt
- ~12 grinds of Black Pepper (Tellicherry Pepper)
- 2lbs Fresh Pasta
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- Bread Crumbs
- Minced Italian Parsley
1.Combine the ground boar, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix with your hand to ensure good distribution of the ingredients.
2. Preheat your oven to 350.
3. Take some of the meatball mixture and form a small patty. Cook the patty in some oil on the stove top, and taste to assess whether the mixture is seasoned to your liking.
3a. For big meatballs: Form the meatball mix into 2oz balls (~1 ½ inches diameter). Heat some oil in a frying pan and add the meatballs. Sear them on all sides. Move the frying pan to the oven and roast until cooked through (~15 minutes).
3b. For small meatballs: Form the meatball mix into 1oz balls (~3/4 inch diameter). Place on a baking pan in the oven and roast until cooked through (~15 minutes).
4. Cook the pasta.
5. Top the pasta with the red sauce. Put one big meatball or a few small meatballs on top. Garnish with some freshly grated/shaved parmigiano reggiano, parsley and breadcrumbs. Serve.