- 170g yak/buffalo/bison steak, about an inch think
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 marble-sized nugget of ginger, finely sliced
- 4 pak choi, tough stems removed and cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chopped coriander
1) Heat a griddle pan until almost smoking, season the steak with salt and pepper, then sear for a minute on each side. Remove from heat.
2) Heat the groundnut oil in a wok, and add the ginger and red pepper.
3) After a minute, add the pak choi.
4) While this is cooking, slice the steak into thin strips.
5) Add the steak, the soy sauce and the sesame seeds to the wok and cook for a further minute.
6) Serve with a chopped coriander garnish.