Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 30mins
- 4 partridge, ready prepared
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme plus a few leaves
- 12 juniper berries
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices streaky bacon
- Mix of butter, olive oil for basting
- Selection of wild & exotic mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Braised cabbage
- Mashed potato
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C/400°F Gas Mark 6.
- Place 1 sprig of thyme, 3 juniper berries in the cavity of each bird and season with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with string before cooking.
- Spread softened butter and oil over the birds and place a rasher of bacon on each breast. Put in a roasting pan and cook for 30 minutes. To check the birds are cooked, pierce with a skewer between the leg and breast. They are ready when the juices run clear.
- Pour some of the juice into a small saucepan and keep on a low heat. In the meantime heat a little olive oil and sauté a selection of wild mushrooms.
- Put the mushrooms on the plate together with the partridge and crispy bacon. Serve with a little of the heated juice, braised cabbage and mashed potato.