Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into chips
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 x 140g/5oz skinless salmon fillets
- thumbnail-size piece ginger, grated
- zest 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- ½ bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise mixed with wasabi (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the chips in a roasting tin with 1 tsp oil. Season and bake for 20-25 mins.
- Chop the salmon as finely as you can and place in a bowl with the ginger, lime zest and seasoning. Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan and soften the spring onions for 2 mins. Stir into the salmon, mix well and shape into 4 patties.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan and cook the patties for 3-4 mins each side until golden and cooked through. Cover with a lid and leave to rest for a few mins. Serve 2 patties each with the chips, mayo and lime wedges for squeezing.