Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 75g red lentils
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala, plus extra for the salmon
- pinch chilli flakes
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 x 130g fillets salmon
- groundnut oil or sunflower oil
- cooked basmati rice and naan bread, to serve
- Put the first 7 ingredients in a pan, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes until lentils are tender. Stir in the coriander.
- Rub the salmon with oil, seasoning and a little garam masala. Grill for 6-7 minutes until just cooked. Break into large chunks and gently stir through the dahl. Serve with the rice, and naan bread, if you like.