( Serves 2)
- 4-8 frog legs
- Olive oil or melted butter
- Cajun seasoning or BBQ seasoning
- Honey mustard, ranch, BBQ sauce, or hot sauce for dipping
- Start by firing up your smoker to 225 degrees. It may take about 30 minutes for your smoker to fully warm up, especially if you are using charcoal.
- Next, take some melted butter or olive oil and mix it with either Cajun or BBQ seasoning depending on your mood. The mixture should create a spreadable paste if you get the consistency just right. Coat the paste mixture to surround the frog legs on all sides.
- If your frog legs are small and you are afraid they might fall through the grates, you can line the grill grates with a sheet of foil sprayed with cooking spray or set them in a foil pan. Otherwise you will want to oil the grates with olive oil and set your frog legs directly on the smoker… just remember your frog legs will shrink during the smoking process.
- After about 2 hours, depending on your heat and size of frog legs, you should be able to pull the frog legs off the smoker and serve next to your favorite dipping sauce. We recommend dipping in either honey mustard, ranch, BBQ sauce or hot sauce.