- 1 cup (250ml) light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sushi vinegar (see note)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1kg waygu skirt steak (see note)
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, chopped, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sunflower oil
- 2 tbs lime juice, plus lime wedges to serve
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tsp grated palm sugar (see note) or brown sugar
- Combine the soy, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, sushi vinegar, chilli and mustard in a shallow, non-metallic dish, whisking to dissolve the mustard, then season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the beef and marinate in the fridge, turning once, for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue to high.
- Grill beef for 2-3 minutes each side until charred. Transfer to a baking tray and roast for 10-12 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Loosely cover with foil, then rest for 10 minutes.
- For the relish, combine the chopped coriander, sunflower oil, lime juice, chilli, fish sauce and sugar in a bowl, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add any beef resting juices to the relish and stir to combine.
- Slice the beef across the grain, then garnish with coriander sprigs. Serve with coriander relish and lime wedges.