- 350 g crocodile tail fillet – cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 stalks (about 10 stalks) spring onion – cut into 2-inch in length, white and green parts separated
- 3 cloves garlic – finely chopped or pressed
- 1 red chili – de-seeded or not, your choice. cut into small slices.
- 2 1/2 tbs preserved black beans – rinsed a few times and minced
- A splash Shaoxing wine
- 1/4 cup water
- Oyster sauce (to taste)
- Sugar (to taste)
- Sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- A dash white pepper powder
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbs Shaoxing wine
- 2 tsp corn flour
- Mix together crocodile meat and baking soda to tenderise the meat. Leave at room temperature for 15 mins then rinse thoroughly. Drain and pat dry meat with paper towels.
- Mix together tenderised meat with all ingredients for marinade. Leave to marinate for at least 10 mins.
- Heat up about 1 tbs of oil in a wok. Add ginger, white part of spring onions, garlic and red chili. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add preserved black beans and fry for a min until fragrant.
- Add crocodile meat, stir to coat meat.
- Pour in a splash of Shaoxing wine to deglaze the wok.
- Pour in about 1/4 cup of water, stir to mix and leave to cook until meat is cooked through. Add more water if too dry. If too watery, just add more cornstarch slurry to thicken.
- Add green part of spring onions and season to taste.
- Lastly, drizzle a bit of sesame oil and serve with plain rice.