Original recipe makes 6 servings
- PREP 25 mins
- COOK 20 mins
- READY IN 5 hrs 15 mins
- 6 slices bacon, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten to mix
- 6 hamburger buns
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crispy. Pour bacon and grease into a heatproof bowl and allow to cool. Heat olive oil in skillet then add garlic and shallots. Cook and stir until softened, about 3 minutes; then add to bacon.
- Once cool, mix in venison, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, pepper, and egg until evenly combined. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Shape the mixture into 6 patties and grill to desired doneness. Serve on toasted hamburger buns with your favorite toppings.